the weekend is here: 3 sustainable ideas for you
Looking for something to do this weekend in London?
As we all know, climate change is a pressing issue that affects us all, and it's important that we take steps to reduce our environmental impact. Fortunately, London offers plenty of activities that are not only exciting but also sustainable. Let's explore some ways to live sustainably without sacrificing any of the fun.
Here are three sustainable things to do in London this weekend.
Visit a Farmers' Market
One of the best ways to support sustainable agriculture and eat healthy, locally grown food is by visiting a farmers' market. London is home to several farmers' markets, including the famous Borough Market, which offers a wide variety of fresh produce, baked goods, and other sustainably produced foods. Not only will you be supporting local farmers and reducing your carbon footprint by eating locally sourced food, but you'll also get to enjoy some of the best food that London has to offer. Been to Borough?
Here are some more of our favorite farmers' markets:
- Broadway Market in Hackney, open every Saturday from 9am to 5pm, offers a variety of locally sourced fruits and vegetables, as well as street food and artisanal products.
- Alexandra Palace Farmers' Market in Haringey, open every Sunday from 10am to 3pm, features over 30 stalls selling organic and biodynamic produce, as well as hot food and coffee.
- Islington Farmers' Market in Angel, open every Sunday from 10am to 2pm, offers a range of fresh produce, baked goods, and specialty products, all produced within 100 miles of London.
Take a Bike Tour of the City
Another great way to reduce your carbon footprint while exploring London is by taking a bike tour of the city. Many companies offer guided bike tours that will take you through some of London's most beautiful and historic neighborhoods. Not only is biking a fun and eco-friendly way to see the city, but it also allows you to get some exercise and fresh air while reducing your carbon footprint. Some bike tours going on this weekend include:
- The London Bicycle Tour Company will bring you to many historical locations in London including Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and the House of Parliament.
- Fancy a sunset ride through the iconic London landmarks along the Thames River? Take the evening bicycling tour with a local guide who will bring you to the top attractions including the London Eye, Big Ben, and the Tower of London.
- Prefer to discover local London? London Bicycle Tour Company’s Original Bike Tour takes you to lesser-known sights on the east side of London, like the Tate Modern and Shakespeare’s Global.
Visit a Sustainable Clothing Shop
If you're interested in sustainable fashion, London is the perfect place to explore some of the best sustainable fashion shops in the world. From vintage clothing stores to eco-friendly boutiques, London has something for everyone when it comes to sustainable fashion.
- Is London's most iconic market on your bucket list? Portobello Road Market, open Saturday from 9am to 7pm, hosts an abundance of second-hand clothing and antique stands for you to shop from.
- Brick Lane Market, open Saturday from 11am to 6pm and Sunday from 10am to 6pm, offers a variety of markets selling vintage clothing, art, and handmade pieces.
- Can’t brace the 3 degree weather this weekend? Head inside one of Rokit’s flagship stores located in Camden and Brick Lane where you can find an incredibly comprehensive selection of second-hand-pieces
There are many sustainable things to do in London, and these are just a few ideas to get you started.
Whether you're interested in sustainable food, transportation, or fashion, London has plenty of options for those looking to live a more sustainable lifestyle. By making small changes in your daily life, you can help reduce your impact on the environment and create a more sustainable future for all.
See you around!